[X-SW] dates in iPhoto

J.R.Rosen dilloman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 6 14:49:27 PST 2005

Eric, day before yesterday, Creativepro.com sent out their newsletter
containing an article about a scripting your photo folders.  There is a
link in the article to get the free applescript.  The article is at:
"http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/22342.html?cprose=6-01".

This is the neatest script... you know how your digital camera folders
contain file names that the dig. camera company wants them to have,
well this script names all of the photos in the folder, the name of the
folder + the date of the picture!  It's a drag-n-drop whizzzzzz.

Check it out!

Good luck... I know this is not exactly what you were asking about, but
this might be something you want to look into.

HAVE A GREAT YEAR!!!

On Jan 6, 2005, at 1:34 PM, Kim wrote:

> I am wanting to make smart folders using the dates the pictures were
> taken. Several months ago I successfully did this by setting the title
> to the date. This worked fine since the date format was day, month
> year. Now the only date format I can get is month, day year. So making
> a smart folder with the criteria of title contains July 2004 does not
> work since the title is something like July 4, 2004. This worked
> previously, what am I doing wrong now? I am running OSX10.2.8 and
> iPhoto 4.0.3
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

J. R. Rosen