[X-SW] Syncing Address Book

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Sat May 7 04:00:47 PDT 2005

> How do I go about syncing the address book data base for the two
> computers?

W-
	Your story about trying to iSync your PB via the .Mac route is
appalling. You can bet I won't try it that way though it reads as if
you were using the standard  .Mac account procedures. My interest is
doing it without having to have a .Mac account.  At this point all I
need is a piece of reliable software that will allow me to sync the
contents of two addressbook files.  Then I'd be able to use my backup
HD or my Earthlink storage area for syncing the data.

In my searches since I first wrote, I've come across two apps that may
help.  I haven't tried either yet. And it looks like they were
primarily intended to sync two computers that are actively networked.
(rather than syncing a couple of files) But maybe the function is
there. Below are URL's for both. I try them later to see if they'll do
anything useful to me. Meanwhile if anybody has some experience -good
or bad- with either please let me know. And I'll certainly be make file
backups before I try anything.

Thanks for sharing your story.

John

Here are the addresses: