[X-SW] OS X Permissions Issue (I think...)

tpayne TPayne at GBOD.org
Thu May 12 11:37:01 PDT 2005

Greetings,

I have a PowerMac G5 1.6 running Panther (10.3.9).  Last week I started
receiving ŒPrinter Error¹ messages when attempting to print any document.
I¹ve deleted and reconnected my printer several times.  I can access the web
and see all network resources but, I can¹t print.  I also tried running
Software Update several times and received the message below:

The update ³filename² could not be verified and expanded correctly.   Make
sure you have permission to write to /private/tmp/503/
TemporaryItems/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate, them try again.

I receive this message when I attempt to download any of the items available
from software update.  I¹ve used Disk Utility to verify the disk and check
permissions.  All appears well.  I can print to my network printer in the
Citrix environment.  I know it¹s software related and there must be a
solution other than reinstalling the OS, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Toni Payne
GBOD
System Support Administrator