[X-SW] How to monitor inbound/outbound network traffic?

Joao Carlos de Pinho jogme at terra.com.br
Sat May 21 16:00:26 PDT 2005

Em 5/20/05 11:16, "Rad Craig" <rad at inductionconcepts.com> escreveu:

> Which application is sending it and what its sending.  I don't have
> anything running right now that should be constantly transferring
> data like this.  Its as if someone is sucking data off of my
> computer.  Is there a program/app/utility/script that will allow me
> to find out what is going on?

The terminal command tcpdump can give you some hints.

You can also try Net Barrier (<http://www.intego.com/netbarrier/>).

None of the above programs shows the name of the application that is
transferring data, but you will be able to see _what_ is being transferred.

Cheers,

João Carlos de Pinho
São Paulo - Brazil