[X-SW] IE to Safari Favorites

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Sun May 22 07:32:08 PDT 2005

On May 21, 2005, at 7:57 PM, Steven Lee Stinnett wrote:

> It's been discussed I know - How to get Safari 1.3 to update ALL of my
> IE Favorites - bare with me.
>
> When I first opened Safari it imported a portion of my links. I  tried
> a program reinstall, same thing.
>
> Exported the Favorites file from IE, stripped the favorites from
> Safari, and surprise, surprise - found no way to import.

When I first installed Panther OS X 10.3 with Safari 1.2.4, I goofed
and let Safari run to the Apple site for whatever it wanted to do.
After that it would not load the IE Favorites.  So I quickly
reinstalled Panther, did not let Safari run by itself, and had the OS X
version of IE 5.2 import all my favorites from the OS 9 version of IE
5.1.  After all that, when I opened Safari, it automatically brought in
my Favorites flawlessly.

I believe that is the only successful, easy scenario.  All others are
very laborious.

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,
proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.