[X-SW] photo resolution

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 26 12:16:01 PST 2006

On Dec 26, 2006, at 12:00 PM, Peter Saint James wrote:

> In apps like iPhoto and iMovie, my photos look blury.  Yet when I
> use the same photos for a screen saver, they look absolutely sharp.
>
> Can someone explain this to me?  Is there anything to be done about
> it?

What's going on depends on what part of the program you're using when
it's looking blurry - e.g. in iPhoto, is it the thumbnail view, the
individual photo view, or the slideshow?  The thumbnail and editing
views are probably optimized to display quickly, not to give the
sharpest view. The slideshow view is the one designed for looking at.

in iMovie, almost everything is an optimized preview, including the
movie itself. Managing the "look" of the movie is a complex process,
and there's no way iMovie can show you *exactly* what the frame is
going to look like while letting you flip around in the movie in real-
time. But it's close enough that it won't matter in most cases.

SR