[X-SW] Resuming of HTTP Downloads after a failure

TjL luomat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 17:24:45 PDT 2007

On Feb 28, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> When attempting to download the new Parallels file at <http://
> www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop/>, it has been repeatedly
> failing due to a server overload. If I purposefully press the Stop
> Downloading button in Safari's Downloads window, I can then Resume
> the downloading of that same file. But if the download fails due to
> the server overload, the partial file that exists can not be
> resumed. This is a tough deal since many of the dozens of attempts
> have gotten more than 80 or 90% complete. Fortunately it did work
> for me late last night. :-)

I always use wget at the commandline, as it will automatically resume
a "broken" download.

wget isn't part of the standard OS X installation, but curl is:

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/03/05/monday-man-page-curl/

TjL

ps - checkout the Parallels forums, there are almost always people
who announce mirrors of the new download