iBook (white) Firewire failure (correction)

Larry Blodgett lblodgett at macosx.com
Wed Nov 27 06:59:50 PST 2002

Correction is in all caps.  I apologize for the mistake.

I have discovered that my firewire port appears to have failed.  I
have tried everything I can think of in OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.2.1.  I
CANNOT mount anything (harddisks, CDs) .  When I try to mount the
iBook drive on another machine (command T starup), I get the firewire
logo but it does not mount on a know good G4.

Has anyone else experienced a failure like this an how much does  it
cost to repair??????  Surely this is not the only firewire failure on
an iBook.  Any help would be appreciated.

--
Larry Blodgett
email:  (lblodgett at mac.com)

In theory, practice and theory are the same,
but in practice they are different.