[X-HW] iBook (white) Firewire Port Failure

Carlos Aranzazu caranzazu at union-city.k12.nj.us
Wed Nov 27 07:01:52 PST 2002

>I have discovered that my firewire port appears to have failed.  I
>have tried everything I can think of in OS 9.2.2 and OS 10.2.1.  Can
>mount anything (harddisks, CDs) .  When I try to mount the iBook
>drive on another machine (command T starup), I get the firewire logo
>but it does not mount on a know good G4.  Has anyone else experienced
>a failure like this an how much does  it cost to repair??????  Any
>help would be appreciated.  I can't believe my firewire is dead,
>firewire is my life.
>
>I tried sending this to the G-Books list and they totally ignored it.

I do not know what cost yo uare on but if you are in the north east i
would go to company called MTG (http://www.mtgroupe.com). they are a
great company and they really know there stuff. they should be able
to give you an estimate over the phone.

The other thing is Why not stop by your local apple store and see if
they can give you the estimate.

--

From
Aranzazu