[X-HW] Firewire

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Wed Nov 27 07:57:12 PST 2002

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 04:52  PM, Nick Adams wrote:
> I am using a rev 1 B&W G3/450
> OS 10.2.2
>
> When I boot up in terminal (Command S) I get the following message
> among the other info on the screen:
>
> PCI Lynx rev id:2
> AppleLynx: Powering on Firewire
> AppleLynx: Wait for PHYPower (0) PHY is Dead!
> AppleLynx: Wait for PHYPower (0) PHY is Dead!
> AppleLynx: Wait for PHYPower (0) PHY is Dead!
> Local Firewire GUID = 0x502ff:oxfeb162b5
> devfs enabled
>
> Does this mean that my Firewire is not working?

I don't know. I'm wondering if it simply means there are no devices
connected. I also have a B&W G3/450, and it was a little quirky with my
Sony Media Convertor prior to 10.1, but other than that I've had no
problems with it. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position right now to
restart it to see if I get the same messages, but if the opportunity
arises, I'll check it out.

-Mike