no os9 all of a sudden

Dave Giorgio dave at infinitypublishing.com
Wed Apr 2 07:12:11 PST 2003

Here is a kicker. I set up a new 1.25 os9 bootable machine with 3
partitions with osx and os9 on partition one and os9 on partition 2.

So all was well until the other day the machine crashed after changing the
start up disk from os10 to os 9 and restarting. Os 9 would not boot. All
that would come up is a gray screen (as in the gray screen that comes up
pre happy mac icon, though trying to restart several times got me farther,
such as the desktop wallpaper, but never as far as the finder opening with
the hardrives on the desktop).

The machine was able to boot os10 by holding down d at start up, but that
stopped working once I tried to boot from the os9 on partition one (because
d at startup starts from first partition and once I chose the os9 on that
partition, it would not revert back to os 10 on that partition).

After starting up holding down option to choose the os to start up in, the
only choices I got were two: os10 on partition one and an identical os10 on
partition one. The machine is a newly purchased refurbed 1.25 os 9 bootable.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
Dave

At 05:49 AM 4/2/03 -0800, you wrote: