[X-HW] Fix for 128GB drive limit?

Gene Merritt bsirius at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 16:07:41 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 06:07  PM, albo wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed a Maxtor 160GB drive in my G4/400 AGP Graphics about a
> month ago, using Hard Disk Speed Tools while booted up in OS9 to
> "fool" the computer into recognizing the whole drive.  Is there a
> better way to deal with the very annoying 128GB per-drive limit?
> Any chance it's related to the size limit?
> Thanks!
> Albo

Yes, this card, below is what ya need. Have the same drive, had the same
prob with my G4/350 AGP. It's all running smoothly now. THe URL is
for OWC, which is where I bought mine.

Gene

Sonnet Tempo ATA/133 PCI Host Adapter Card w/Cable. 3yr Sonnet
Warranty.

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=4797&Item=STITAT133