Rant: These Bloody Ventilators!!!

Philip Mötteli moetteli.bulk at bluewin.ch
Sun Jan 5 05:50:42 PST 2003

Am Sonntag, 05.01.03 um 03:41 Uhr schrieb Brian Farley:
> on 1/5/2003 11:14am, Philip Mötteli at moetteli.bulk at bluewin.ch wrote:
>> Sorry,
>> but I can't work anymore on that overpriced noise-machine.
>
> Put it under your desk and buy earphones.

It's already under my desk. And I use earphones. But after some hours,
they start to hurt my ears.

> Plan B. box it up and send it my way, I'll cover the shipping :)

Good idea. I will soon try, to replace it. Usually you can by three
other computers with one Apple computer.

> Philip, I heard there is a software fix you can install from Apple.
> You'd have to varify this by searching their pages.

Yes, they have a new firmware version. I have installed that. But it's
only for the 'Doors' modell. The one with two even noisier harddrives.
I don't have that model.

> It's funny, but my reaction to the G4 tower is about the same.  I don't
> need the power

I need it definitely.

> and I suuure don't need the noise!

I thought it was an exageration, when people told me, that it is so
loud. I couldn't imagine, that a company, that charges three times the
price of an equivalent computer with Linux on it, could dare to produce
so lousy boxes. So I bought the computer and now I deeply regret it.

Re
Phil