[X-HW] Onkyo Digital Audio Processor

Jim Eddy giametti at mac.com
Fri Jan 10 19:28:38 PST 2003

Thanks for the responses. The knob on mine definitely controls the RCA
inputs. I have no idea if it works with the mic (but I would assume it
does). There seems to be something in the hardware that tells the
software to grey out the gain sliders in software. This happens with
PeakLE, SoundStudio and Amadeus II. If I switch the input in to
internal circuitry, the sliders become active. Plug in the Onkyo and
change the input for it and the sliders grey out. I have to assume that
this is on purpose. Now I need to figure out how to increase the gain
on the input. Waveforms of a file ripped from a CD shows about twice
the range of the files I record through the Onkyo from vinyl. It may be
that the problem is with the phono pre-amp in my amplifier. I just did
a test recording from my CD player through the amp and the Onkyo. I had
to bring the input knob down a lot to keep the recording from clipping.
So that brings me back to how to amplify the signal from the amplifier
(I'm using the tape out jacks).

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 09:40  AM, Andrew T. Lynch wrote:

> I Use the MSE-U33B and use the knob on the front to control the levels
> for the RCA inputs.  I cannot adjust the levels in Amadeus II, except
> for with the knob.  I wonder if there are different versions of the
> hardware, or if there are differences under different versions of the
> OS. I am running Mac OS X 10.2.3.

Jim Eddy                                              James Eddy
Woodworks
giametti at mac.com                                             Princeton,
NJ
<http://home.earthlink.net/~giametti/index.htm>