scanners under OS X (10.2.6)

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Sat Jul 19 07:44:07 PDT 2003

>Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:48:25 -0400
>Subject: [X-HW]
>From: Wayne Clodfelter <wayne at troutnc.com>
>
>My AGFA SnapScan 310 (SCSI) is not found by Apple System Profiler. It =20=
>
>may be a beige G3 thing, I don't know. The scanner is my last SCSI =20
>device, anyway, so moving to FireWire or USB is fine.
>Question is, what scanners, <$200 new, retail, are known to be =20
>supported under OS X? Apple says that some Epson scanners have support =20=
>
>built into OS X, but the scanner descriptions only mention Macintosh =20
>support through OS 9.
>Who has a scanner working with its own s/w under OS X?
>
>Another question, for anyone familiar with AGFA ScanWise s/w, is what =20=
>
>OS X scanner's s/w might be compared favorably with ScanWise?
>Thanks very much.
>
>Regards,
>
>Wayne
>
>Wayne Clodfelter         <wayne at troutnc.com>

I just bought the CanoscanLiDE 30, and it works perfectly out of the
box with the drivers supplied.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html