[X-HW] scanners under OS X (10.2.6)

Mark Dancer mdc_ltd at lycos.com
Sat Jul 19 06:10:25 PDT 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Wayne Clodfelter <wayne at troutnc.com> asked:

>Question is, what scanners, <$200 new, retail, are known to be =20
>supported under OS X?
>Who has a scanner working with its own s/w under OS X?
>
>Another question, for anyone familiar with AGFA ScanWise s/w, is what >OS X scanner's s/w might be compared favorably with ScanWise?

We've got a USB based SnapScan e25 working fine under Jaguar.6. The scanner was purchased about three years ago (pre OS X), but Agfa posted SnapScan X on their website quite some time ago. Actually seems better than the OS 9 version supplied with the scanner.

You could try downloading ScanWise X Final Candidate - OS X- All Scanners - Multilingual (18 MB) from agfa.com and see if it will recognise the scanner.

Cheers,

Mark.