Open Firmware and MacOSX Related Question

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 3 10:43:14 PST 2003

>Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 11:29:35 -0800
>From: Rick Carlson <rcarlson52 at nethere.net>
>Subject: Re: [X-HW]
>
>No, it is a beige mini tower but with full color monitor. Both the built
>in video card and the added on ATI Rage 128 are in full color.
>
>I can partition the hard drive any way I wish. So far I have done it in
>one partition and in two partitions. Right now I have it set up as two
>partitions with the first for OS 8.5 and the second for OS X.
>
>When I install OS 8.5 on partition one everything works fine. But then
>when I try to install OS X it never gets past the OF error message.
>
>So, I reinstalled OS 8.5 and when I reboot I get the OF error message
>but then it eventually boots into OS 8.5 This is why I think it is an OF
>   error.
>
>Weird, eh?
>
>Rick
>rcarlson52 at nethere.net

Many people don't realize that OS X needs a lot of breathing room. I
would never try to put it into less than 5 GB. So I would either get
a bigger HD or use only a single partition.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html