[X-HW] Open Firmware and Mac OS X Related Question

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Mar 12 23:23:18 PST 2003

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 11:44:56AM -0800, Ted Burton wrote:
: At 11:29 -0800 on 3/2/03, Rick Carlson spoke thusly:
: >
: >When I install OS 8.5 on partition one everything works fine. But then
: >when I try to install OS X it never gets past the OF error message.
:
: OS X needs to be on the first 8 mb of disk space in some G3's or it
: will not boot. Some say on a partition of that or smaller size which
: is the first space on the disk.

Yep.  Old news.  Please read Apple note:

Eugene Lee