17" Flat panel CRT Prob's

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Thu Mar 13 05:48:58 PST 2003

We are having some problems with a 17" flat panel CRT studio display
(ADC connector). The monitor was working fine under OS 9, on an older
G4 (not too old). We switched to 10.2, got 3 new Mirror Door Powermacs,
but kept the "older" monitor. About 2 months into the transition, the
monitor started ghosting the darker elements on the screen - the type,
for example, is solid, then there are about 4-5 repetitions in light
gray to the right of the type. A dark vertical line will have
repetitions as well.

I tried this in 9, on the machine it was originally hooked up to, and
nothing worked.

Could OS X have caused this? Is there some fix? I called around, but it
seems no one wants to do any monitor repairs. The refresh rate is
correct (comparing it to what it was in OS 9).

Do I need to de-gauss it? I degaussed it from the computer monitor
options.

Thanks!

John Pariseau