[X-HW] Directing output to a second monitor

CFlatow cflatow at optonline.net
Sun Feb 29 10:36:51 PST 2004

On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 12:48  PM, Gordon Vickrey wrote:

> In Finder preferences check the "always open folders in new window"
> box, and
> then close the finder's pref window. Now open any file/window you
> want, drag
> that window to your 2nd monitor, and select your preferred view for
> that
> window. Close that window _without doing anything else to it_.
>
> From now on every time you launch that file/window, either via its
> icon or
> from within its application, it will open at the location you last
> left it
> (meaning on whatever monitor you last left it), in exactly the same
> position, and in the same view you last set.

So are you saying that I would need to define this manually for every
file I want to display?
Is there some more "global" way to define this in a case where I wish
to open dozens (hundreds) of different files in this manner?
Is there a possibility of automating or scripting this preference
designation?

Carl