[X-HW] Directing output to a second monitor

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sun Feb 29 15:07:01 PST 2004

On Sunday, Feb 29, 2004, at 09:40 Canada/Eastern, CFlatow wrote:

> Been there, done that.

Yes, but have you got the T-shirt?

> The point is that it has nothing to do with the law, per se.

Perhaps not, but your detailed example certainly suggested it.

> My question is, if the Mac can do it, is anybody writing software that
> can deal content to that second monitor?

That's not at all your question. Most Mac applications can "deal
content to that second monitor", because this is handled by the OS and
the video card. For instance, when I use Photoshop or InDesign, often I
have the documents on one monitor, and the palettes on the second one.
What you want is considerably more involved than that; you need an
application designed specifically to do it. Hence, you need to find
other Mac users which have similar needs, and see how they've handled
them, and you're not likely to find such users on a list dedicated to
Mac hardware.