upgrade questions

Tiernan O'Toole tiernanotoole at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 13:57:39 PST 2004

Right. im getting a new hard drive on saturday. its going to be an 80gb
Hitachi 7200RPM drive. its going into a G3 iMac. i was told that
anything over 8gb would have to be partitioned. how do i do that! i
have OSX 10.3. the last time i installed it, it gave no option to
partition. it just gave the option of format. also, the other 72 or so
Gig. i would like to have my home directory on that. how is that done?
is this all questions asked when i do it? i know i wont have access to
the internet though the mac, which all my mail is stored at the moment,
so thats why im asking now.
Thanks in advance for any information!
Lotas T Smartman, MCP
www.lotas-smartman.net