[X-HW] upgrade questions

Don Kramer zonerider at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 15:02:51 PST 2004

I have a 30 gig drive on my iMac Rev A. You do need to partition the
drive with a 8 gig partition for the OS. The rest of the drive works
fine with a 20+ partition for the data. I now use the same drive on a
iMac Rev D with no problems using OS X - Jaguar. I haven't tried
updating it to Panther. I backed up the data first to my G4 Mac then
transfered it back once the drive was set up on the iMac. Also the
program Carbon Copy works well to transfer all files from one drive to
another.

Don