[X-HW] Dell printer on G5?

Valerie Maples vlmaples at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 3 07:07:54 PST 2004

I have heard some people say you can find Lexmark drivers for the
proprietary Dell Printers (I have a 940 all in one) so they can be used on
the Mac.  I googled and got nothing, but looking on the Lexmark site, it
looks most like the 5150 (although it is really tough to tell from the tiny
pictures).

Right now, for a myriad of reasons, but mainly my PC only USB phone, I have
my Dell computer side by side with my G5.  Ideally it would be easiest if I
could leave the 940 hooked up to the Dell and have it seen over the network
(we are home networked through a 2Wire 1700 DSL modem).

Can anyone help?  I got as far as downloading the hopefully matched 5150
driver, but stalled when trying to install it as a remote when it would not
accept the IP address of the Dell (figuring it shared the IP address with
the computer).

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!
Valerie Maples