[X-HW] Connecting USB printer to AirPort Extreme

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Nov 3 21:59:49 PST 2004

I have a Netgear Wireless/Wired (4 port) 802.11g router. My G5 and my son's
G4 Mirrored doors minitowers are networked via the 100bT ports on this
router. I also have an Epson USB printer (x300) that I'd like to make
available to the network, and I'm wondering if I could buy an AirPort
Express, plug the printer into the USB port on it, and network to the
printer from the wired network (that way the printer wouldn't be dependent
on any one computer on the wired network not being asleep when a computer
networked by Ethernet wants to print. Some people have suggested that unless
the Netgear router and the AirPort Express can "bridge" (and what I've read
elsewhere suggests they cannot), that this won't work.

How can I find out the answer to this question other than by trying it?

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson