[X-HW] Re: guidelines for switching to OSX

Yves Pons yves_pons at mac.com
Fri Oct 29 06:51:36 PDT 2004

you could try to use PStill instead of Acrobat 6.
It's less costly and is made by one of the first four developers
outside of Apple who has started to work on Darwin (Mac OS X Core =
fundations).
I was so enthusiastic of Andrew Stone' abilility to program with Cocoa
Objective-C and quality of its applications that I have started to
translate his applications (Stone Studio) in French (For FREE!) to stop
continuous question of my secretary (about translation).
PStill is part of Stone Studio which is a group of Applications around
Design and Web principally:
Create his major App is a professional page layout, illustration and
web page authoring application,
GIFfun makes animated web images via drag and drop,
PStill is is a user friendly PostScript to PDF convertor with many
options and features. You convert eps, ps, any image format to PDF with
drag & drop. Repurpose PDF directly from any application using PStill.
Shrink PDF, combine files to make one PDF, make posters, automated
print work flow and hot folders,
Slice&Dice turn images into clickable web pages. make rollover images,
PhotoToWeb turns digital photos into websites, full screen slide shows,
web image preview, thumbnails and complete control over look and feel
of albums,
PackUpAndGo compress and uncompress folders and files,
TimeEqualsMoney track work and expense entries and then instantly
create invoices for that work,

You can try them for free during 30 days!

there is 2 particularity :
• Stone Studio is continuously updated ( normally each month there is
an upgrade ) and contrary to other company you have Free upgrades  for
life!!!!
• Andrew Stone the creator of all these Apps is hearing you! You want a
new functionality: Ask him, if it's feasible you have a good chance to
have it one day.

You have to know that the only interest I have with Stone Studio or
Andrew Stone is that I'm very happy of his Apps and want to see them
succeed to let Andrew Stone continue to improve his Apps!