[X-HW] Hard-drive size limit question

albo albo at critpath.org
Sun Oct 31 07:10:22 PST 2004

Hi,
I have one of those annoying older G4s (400 AGP Graphics) that has the
limit on the size of hard-drive it'll recognize.  I have a 160 GB drive
in it, of which I can only use 126 GBs.  If I pulled it out and stuck in
a firewire enclosure would I have access to all 160 GBs?  If so, I'm
wondering if this would do anything to the data that's currently on the
drive?  Will it get "confused", or will it just show me the current
files with more space available?  There's no OS on there; I use it as my
video drive for editing.
Thanks!
Albo