[X-HW] trying to extract data

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Sep 15 17:15:14 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:17:53PM -0500, Valerie Maples wrote:
: Eugene Lee wrote:
: >
: > BTW, "T" means "target" as in "Firewire target disk mode".
: >
: > 	http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58583
:
: Thank you for the link; in reading it I realize that I will not be
: able to use the G3 as the target despite the fact that it has
: FireWire.  That's a bummer!  It's a good thing I have an iBook that
: looks like it fits the list.

That's good.  Although if you have room in your budget, you might
consider getting an external Firewire drive.  A friend of mine did
so and got a 200 GB hard drive (Labor Day weekend special price of
$100 at CompUSA) and an aluminum hard drive enclosure for $35 at a
mail order shop.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/