[X-HW] Monitor Suggestions

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Wed Sep 16 14:05:13 PDT 2009

Here's a site that does a great job of demystifying the various LCD monitor
types, and explaining how some are better than others:

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.php
and
http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

The only recommendation I would make personally is purchasing a monitor with
not less than 1080p/1080i resolution (1920 by 1080 pixels). This will allow
viewing HDTV at maximum quality.