[X Newbies] Automatic startup under Mac OS X

Miles mylasticposse at mac.com
Mon Dec 2 16:27:47 PST 2002

On 12/2/02 3:13 PM, "Grégoire Seither" <gregoire at pobox.com> wrote:

> Has anyone found a solution to get Mac OS X to turn the computer on
> automatically in the morning like ole OS 9 used to do ?
>
> I need to cut down on my coffee habit and having to turn my Mac on in
> the morning and wait for it to start up is the perfect excuse for a
> trip to the kettle :-)
>
> It still beats me why this feature was taken off Mac OS...
>
> And don't tell me to leave the Mac always on...  how unsustainable !
 I am not aware of a similar feature as turning itself on, however, you
could simply put the machine to sleep. The power usage is exceedingly small
small, similar to the amount needed by a clock on the wall. There is no real
wait for starting up. Just make sure to turn off the monitor.
 I don't think that exactly does what you were hoping for, however, it will
at least make it less likely that you have time to get some coffee. Miles