installing Omnipage SE

J Patrick Draine draine at attbi.com
Tue Dec 3 07:05:24 PST 2002

I purchased a CanoScan LiDE 30 (having heard that it is Jaguar
friendly) and am just setting it up. It comes with a CD with a setup
utility which installs six software bundles, including Omnipage SE.
The computer was already running OS X 10.2.2; the setup utility and
associated installers run under OS 9, so the 'puter booted up Classic
and proceeded. All went well except for installation of Omnipage SE. It
went through the installation process (all 529 files), then announced
"Sorry the operation could not be completed due to a System Error
(Access Denied)".
There was no promoting for administrator passwords as is usual under OS
X.
Should I boot into 9.2.2 and then try the installation again?
Is there a more current CanoScan Setup Utility available for 10.2.2
compatibility? I tried to log onto the Canon site but the CanonUSA site
was down for maintenance a half hour ago.
500 MHz iMac/ 1 gig mem/ OS X 10.2.2
Patrick Draine