[X Newbies] Diskwarrior and OS X

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Tue Dec 3 07:51:23 PST 2002

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 08:35  AM, Brian Fish wrote:

> Here's my question... The ability to run classic applications under OS
> X is
> great, but I have a few classic games that will not run under X at all.
> When I try to run them under X the classic environment begins starting
> up
> and then I get error messages.  I have to boot into OS 9 to run them.
> So
> what do I do with those when I can no longer boot to 9?

Either hang on to your old Mac until you're completely  tired of the
games, or hope Apple keeps improving Classic. Even though it seems like
every new version of OS X Classic handles more old apps, there's a
limit to what Apple can do considering some of the "tricks" software
developers use to eek out a little more performance. The sad part it
those tricks they used to get acceptable performance on a pre-PPC or
G1/2 Mac are probably unnecessary for a G3/4 system.

-Mike