[X Newbies] Diskwarrior and OS X

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Tue Dec 3 07:52:47 PST 2002

On 12/3/02 8:35 AM, "Brian Fish" <ifish at macosx.com> wrote:

> Here's my question... The ability to run classic applications under OS X is
> great, but I have a few classic games that will not run under X at all.
> When I try to run them under X the classic environment begins starting up
> and then I get error messages.  I have to boot into OS 9 to run them.  So
> what do I do with those when I can no longer boot to 9?

Apple has said any new machines, as of January 1st, will no longer boot into
OS 9.

It doesn't affect the machine you already have. So, if you can play those
games on your computer today, you'll still be able to play them on that same
computer on January 2nd.

Now, if you get rid of the computer you are using today and buy a new one on
January 2nd, then those games will not play.

You'll have to buy some new games. :-)

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Mark Greco, Pamela Pfiffner, Virtix.com,
Holiday Gift Guide & Expo Special Report!
http://www.yourmaclife.com