Problem with printer

Daruma Chan deetya at mailandnews.com
Mon Dec 9 00:39:09 PST 2002

I'm can't print to an HP970cx

I have an eMac with OS 10.1.5

My father has a PC, connected to an HP Deskjet 970cxi printer on the
parallel port.

I want to be able to print on the HP. I have a USB cable, and the HP
970C printer driver.

But I cannot print. Whenever I try to print the Print Center would
say that it's initiating printer connection but then gets hang up
around one-third of the blue-bar. It won't advance. I usually just
cancel the print.

So...
- Perhaps the USB port on the printer needs to be "opened?"
- Perhaps I need a new printer driver?
- Perhaps I need a different driver?

So, what could the problem be, do you think?
--

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely