Problem with printer

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Mon Dec 9 15:33:11 PST 2002

>Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:39:09 +0700
>From: Daruma Chan <deetya at mailandnews.com>
>Subject: [X Newbies]
>
>I'm can't print to an HP970cx
>
>I have an eMac with OS 10.1.5
>
>My father has a PC, connected to an HP Deskjet 970cxi printer on the
>parallel port.
>
>I want to be able to print on the HP. I have a USB cable, and the HP
>970C printer driver.
>
>But I cannot print. Whenever I try to print the Print Center would
>say that it's initiating printer connection but then gets hang up
>around one-third of the blue-bar. It won't advance. I usually just
>cancel the print.
>
>So...
>- Perhaps the USB port on the printer needs to be "opened?"
>- Perhaps I need a new printer driver?
>- Perhaps I need a different driver?
>
>So, what could the problem be, do you think?
>--

There are some relatively new drivers for the deskjet printers; do
you have those?
http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=10927&db=mac
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html