[X Newbies] OSX Trim The Fat

Mark_PHILIP at scdf.gov.sg Mark_PHILIP at scdf.gov.sg
Thu Dec 12 22:13:15 PST 2002

Hi all,

With OSX being a derivative of UNIX, you can manually execute these system
scripts by using MacJanitor to do this. Search for the latest version at
VersionTracker.

Also, I used to run pre-binding scripts to optimize X performance by using
XOptimize, but I'm told that this is now not required in Jaguar as Jaguar
now pre-binds all X applications automatically. I still run it
occasionally...

In the past, I've noticed that pre-binding speeds up performance
significantly. In fact, on my Pismo 400 running 192MB RAM, the system runs
significantly faster than an iBook 600 with 256MB RAM. I only wish I had
1GB of RAM!

Maybe later...
Cheers,
Mark.

"WARNING  :  "Privileged/Confidential  information may be contained in this
message.  If  you  are  not  the  intended  addressee,  you  must not copy,
distribute  or  take  any  action in reliance thereon. Communication of any
information  in  this  email to any unauthorised person is an offence under
the Official Secrets Act (Cap 213). Please notify the sender immediately if
you receive this in error."

                    "Nigel Williamson"
                    <nigel.williamson at mojo.com.        To:     "Mac OS X Newbies" <X-Newbies at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
                    au>                                cc:
                    Sent by: "Mac OS X Newbies"        Subject:     Re: [X Newbies] OSX Trim The Fat
                    <X-Newbies at lists.themacinto
                    shguy.com>

                    13/12/2002 0149 PM
                    Please respond to "Mac OS X
                    Newbies"

Anyone else have any ideas, comments etc?