[X Newbies] OSX Trim The Fat

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Fri Dec 13 06:36:01 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Wilson" <jerrywilsons at mac.com>
To: "Mac OS X Newbies" <X-Newbies at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [X Newbies] OSX Trim The Fat

> On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 06:12  AM, Sean Lytle wrote:
>
> >> I'm considering installing X on my external 80G FW drive
>
> I believe any G3 and below cannot boot off of a FW Drive.

That's not so, I have a FW drive that was formerly in my Pismo (10 Gig) and
I can still boot my Pismo (G3) off it. I believe the boot issue is more
related to the type of Firewire you have. By that I mean there are a few
different electronic packages, called bridges, that may or may not be
compatable with the firewire electronics on your particular Mac. This link
has some discussion on it. < http://www.intechusa.com/HDSTFW.html > for more
info just Google "firewire bridges".

Joe Ellis