[X Newbies] OSX Trim The Fat

Randy B. Singer randy at mother.com
Fri Dec 13 15:23:31 PST 2002

Joe Ellis said:

>> I believe any G3 and below cannot boot off of a FW Drive.
>>

>That's not so, I have a FW drive that was formerly in my Pismo (10 Gig) and
>I can still boot my Pismo (G3) off it. I believe the boot issue is more
>related to the type of Firewire you have.

FireWire Booting: What Computers Support It and How To

"FireWire booting is possible on all Macintosh models that have built-in
FireWire ports with the exception of the Power Macintosh G3 (Blue &
White) and the Power Mac G4 (PCI Graphics) models. You may need to
upgrade the computer's firmware before FireWire booting will work."

Randy B. Singer

Technology is simply a means of manipulating the world so you
don't have to experience it.