[X Newbies] .asp urls launch Apple System Profiler

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Dec 13 23:01:18 PST 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 08:52:21PM -0800, Jerry Krinock wrote:
:
: This has happened twice this week.  I click on a link on a web page in
: Internet Explorer.  The status line at the bottom of the window says:
:
: Sending request for /blah/blah/createPDF.asp
:
: In this case, I'm supposed to see a pdf in Acrobat Reader.  Instead, Apple
: System Profiler launches and displays an empty window.
:
: Has anyone else ever seen this problem?
:
: Anyone know how to fix it?

If you click on PDF documents from reliable web sites like Apple's or
Adobe's and they launch Acrobat Reader, then it's sounds like the ASP
script is not sending the proper Content-Type.  Stupid programmer.

--
Eugene Lee
eugene at fsck.net