[X Newbies] mail program attachments

Miles mylasticposse at mac.com
Fri Dec 13 23:33:41 PST 2002

On 12/13/02 1:28 PM, "cricket" <cricket at apple.com> wrote:

> AppleDouble is used automatically with forked files. Are you sending a
> folder of files? If so, drop them into Mail as individual files or
> stuff them ahead of time. There is a bug in sending folders of files.
>
> - cricket
 No. Just a single file. Actually, I was trying to send a Word document to
someone else and had no luck whatsoever sending it with Mail.app. I can send
it to Hotmail and everything works fine. However, the university uses
webmail,(though we are swtiching to Squirrelmail sometime in the next six
months) and when it gets to my account there the only thing left is the
resource fork. I had also had problems with sending it to another person
with Hotmail. I think she may have downloaded the wrong thing, though and
didn't know to do the other file --Hotmail will show two files for each
forked file sent.
 One thing, though- please allow for option-delete when typing emails. The
delete currently only does one character at a time. It would be nice to do a
word block at a time. Or if there is a secret character combination and I
promise to never reveal it to anyone else, would you tell me? Do I need a
decoder ring? If so I promise to use my newfound powers for good. ;-)
Thanks for your answer. I could not figure out why it didn't work with
mail.app, and had figured that it was something that was related to
Mail.app's encoding because I had seen something like that before with
different email clients. Miles