[X Newbies] HP Laserjet 4M not working under 10.2.2

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Wed Dec 18 08:40:56 PST 2002

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 10:03  AM, Web wrote:

> My HP Laserjet 4M is not working anymore under OS 10.2.2 on my
> powerbook G4. I used it before with 10.2 and 10.2.1 through Gimp
> print, but now it stopped..

We have the same printer here. I've never needed to use Gimp print to
use it, but I did have a lot of trouble that sounds similar to what
you're experiencing, until I downloaded the newest driver and PPD for
it from the HP web site. Have you checked to see if there's anything
newer on the HP web site?

I should note that I do have both Gimp print and Ghostscript installed,
just not in use for that particular printer. Also, this printer is
connected to the ethernet network via an AsantePrint adapter.

-Mike