No Classic :-(

Simon Briggs stagsimon at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 19 04:48:51 PST 2002

Classic does not start up anymore, I get a message saying
"classic startup found no system folder on the boot volume from which
to start classic"
The apple knowledge database indicates an 'unblessed' drive, blessing
did not help, and both finder and system are inside the system folder.
The last modified date of system folder is right about when classic was
last used and seems to indicate a corrupt system file may be my issue?
I cannot boot into OS9 from the HD or CDROM and booting into OSX can be
flaky if I change the start up disc or hold option at start up.

Any one experienced this,? It would be really nice to have classic back
so I can finish up my project, after all one of the greatest features
of having this new OS was its 'backwards compatability'

Simon Briggs
G4/400 OS10.2.2