[X Newbies] Apple Mail weirdness

Richard Franklin jrff at attbi.com
Thu Dec 19 13:02:52 PST 2002

I've noticed something similar - what I would refer to as 'phantom
messages'.   I've  seen this with individual messages and messages that
show up as duplicates.  The duplicates are interesting because there is
usually one that will evaporate when I delete it (and the highlight bar
jumps over the duplicate to the next message) and the second message
will go to the trash when deleted.  Rebuilding the mailbox seems to get
rid of this for a while.  The individual messages I've seen this happen
to, for me at least, have all been ones that I have recently deleted.
They reappear in the mailbox.  The second time I delete they evaporate
which just seems like an updating issue.  OS 10.2.2