Making a bootable CD ????

Grégoire Seither gregoire at pobox.com
Sun Dec 22 06:12:00 PST 2002

I used to be able to burn a bootable CD with a couple of data rescue
and disk repair tools on them...  suddenly this does not work anymore.

The furthest I have managed to go with Toast is to create a temporary
partition, install Mac OS 9.2 on it and burn a copy of that Mac Volume.
The Mac starts up from the CD but crashes in the middle of the startup
process with a "Incorrect File table" message.

I have then followed the three methods outlined at the Roxio Toast
website, to no avail :
<http://www.roxio.com/en/support/toast/toastbootable.html>

So how do you go by creating Bootable Mac OS  CDs ?

I'll post a summary (or we could even add it to Randy's troubleshooting
page)

Cheers !

Greg