Carbon Copy Cloner not working on non-US systems ?

Grégoire Seither gregoire at pobox.com
Sun Dec 22 06:07:21 PST 2002

Hi all

I am running Mac OS X 10.2.3 French Version and Carbon Copy Cloner 2.11
(latest)

I have never been able to run CCC, I systematically get a message
(freely translated) : some elements required for a proper execution of
CCC are missing, please make sure you have the BSD subsystem installed
(/usr/bin/grep).

Has anyone else experienced this, would this mean that CCC does not run
on non US version of Mac OS X ?

I had the same problem with PsyncX which couldn't find my boot drive
since it was looking for an english UNIX path...

I anyone has a solution, I would like to make a working backup copy of
my present system on an external FireWire drive.

Greg