[X Newbies] Using partitions?

Andrew J. Yon III ayon2 at sc.rr.com
Mon Nov 25 17:51:48 PST 2002

On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 07:33  PM, Jerry Wilson wrote:

> IMHO it appears you installed OSX on a small partition well below its
> needs.  At worst I would devide the two more evenly, depending on the
> needs of each OS of course.

He doesn't have that option. As he mentioned previously, he is using a
Beige  G3, much the same as I am. Having the first partition set to 8
GB or less is a mandatory requirement of OSX on a beige G3 computer.

Andy3

My system consists of :

BGEDT G3 rev. C 400mhz 1MB BSC, Radeon ME 32 mb , 768 MB RAM, 40 GB
fujitsu IDE master, Maxtor 60 GB IDE slave, Sony CD-RW  CRX120E IDE
internal, Maxtor 5 port usb card, usound 4 port usb hub,  Cannon
flatbed 656u usb scanner, Epson 777 usb printer, sandisk usb flashcard
reader.     10.2.2   &  OS 9.2.2 as classic, VPC 5 & Windoze 2kpro