Setting up two printers

Wayne Salazar screen92 at attbi.com
Mon Nov 25 17:57:43 PST 2002

Ok, this is my third day with Jaguar and so far i have only one
problem: My HP Deskjet, connected directly to the iMac via USB, works
jim dandy, but my HP Laserjet, connected through an Ethernet hub, just
isn't recognized. I tried downloading Gimp-Print, and followed their
instructions, but when it comes to the point of choosing the Laserjet
in the Print Center, its name just doesn't appear on the list of
possible printers--the Deskjet does, but not the Laserjet. Before I
start zapping PRAM, I was wondering if anyone thinks the problem has
anything to do with being connected through the Ethernet hub? I'm not
sure what else I'd need to tell you to diagnose this problem, but if
you can think of something to ask, please do. Thanks!
Wayne