[X Newbies] Grabbing sides of windows in X

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 7 06:49:04 PDT 2003

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 01:44  PM, TheMacintoshLady wrote:

>      Does anyone know of shareware that will add "grab" areas to sides
> of
> windows in OS X?

I don't know of one, and I'd guess you probably won't see one. The
reason I say that is that the windows in OS X don't have sides you can
grab. The shadows aren't part of the window, so as I said before, no
edges to grab.

Personally, I'd still like to see a  utility that allowed me to hold
down some modifier key combination to get a "grabber hand" so I can
reposition a window by grabbing it anywhere and moving it.

-Mike