[X Newbies] Booting from cloned Firewire drive

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 16 20:33:20 PDT 2003

on 03/04/16 13:37, David Flory at daflory at pacbell.net wrote:

>>>  what keystroke(s) to hit to boot
>>> from that [Firewire] drive when not selected as the startup disk.

>> Anybody know a better way?
>
> Hold down just the Option key on startup? This goes into the open
> firmware screen where you can pick the drive to start from.

This is the best way, but remember to be patient.  When I do this, first it
takes about 20 seconds for the firewire disk to show up, then it takes about
another 60 seconds of spinning watch cursor before it allows me to select
it.  No explanations.  The user interface of Open Firmware is very
primitive!

Jerry