[X Newbies] Where do downloads go?

Clive Read cliver at mercuryin.es
Fri Aug 8 13:27:56 PDT 2003

Hi Dave and Jon and others who responded

Your help and advice has been outstanding - but have not helped.

I KNOW the file was created 0n 4 August, but when I use Finder and
select 'Date created exactly 08/04/03 it brings me up 26 Quark files,
NONE of which have that date. If I select  4/ 8/03 (the non/American
way of showing the date) , there are 7 files (mostly Quark) but one I
do not recognise called

DirectoryService.server.log.2

a 4kb document for which there doesn't appear to be an application that
can open it.

When I go to IE, 5.2.2 and select Download Manager
  there are 14 items there but no dates, and nothing that I don't
recognise.

The other ANNOYING and MYSTIFYING thing is that I cut and pasted the
names, before I downloaded the list, into a Quark document that I can't
find either.

It does look as though I have lost the record of all my Groups members,
despite all your help and advice.

Any more ideas?

Clive in Spain